Peak Soccer Registration 2021- Registration is closed-Please email email@example.com with questions
**If you have trouble with registration or payment through the website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fee: $70 (includes medal, practices, games but not jersey) through July 31
Late Fee: $20 after July 31
Jerseys: $35 for new jerseys or reuse an old one (choice on registration form)
Family Discounts: $5 for each additional child
Head Coach Discount: If you can head coach a team, you will get $35 off the registration. Contact Jessica Hutchison at email@example.com before registering to confirm coaching.
Comments/Scheduling Concerns: Please note schedule conflicts in your registration.
Age Info: By asking for your child’s date of birth, we are making a uniform cut-off date for all three communities (Nederland, Gilpin and Idaho Springs) to create an experience that is fun and safe for all ages. Please remember that “U” means “Under”. July 31st is our date that your child must be born on or before to play in each grouping.
U7: 5-6 year-olds
U9: 7-8 year-olds
U11: 9-10 year-olds
U14: 11-13 year-olds
We understand that some children want to and are able to play “up” a level. We leave this decision to parents and/or coaches. There will not, under any circumstances, be a reason why a child will play “down” a level. We feel strongly that “playing down” discourages the values we are trying to instill in our soccer program–learning the game and having a good time doing it!
Practices begin the week of Aug. 16th, 2021, at your coach’s discretion. Dates and info subject to changes if BVSD or Boulder County Health protocols change:
- Teams will be set the second week of August. You will be notified of your practice day once teams are set. Potential practice days are M-F; practice days vary by age group.
- Practices will occur at the Nederland Elementary (NES) fields for U7-U11. U14 will practice at NES for the first half of the season and at NMSHS for the second half of the season.
- Because Peak to Peak Soccer is not affiliated with Nederland Elementary School, parents/guardians are required to write a note each practice day stating that the coach (be sure to name who this is) will pick their child up at the kiva area of the elementary school. If this is not done, the child will be sent home on the bus or will follow whatever regular routine has been established with the school.
- U7-U11 practices start after school. Please meet your child after school to assist with putting on soccer gear if your child is not independent. U7-U11 coaches will meet kids in the kiva at NES and walk down to the fields as a group. U7-U11 players who don’t attend NES can meet their team directly at the fields.
- U14 practices start at 4pm. U14 players will practice at NES for the first half of the season and at NMSHS for the second half of the season. A limited number of players can ride the school bus from NMSHS to NES for practice. Unless there is inclement weather, middle school players will meet their coach directly on the field. In the event of inclement weather, see the “Rain Policy” below.
- NES requests the following: No snacks in the kiva or hallways. Players should keep their soccer balls in the backpacks until they get outside. Super important!!
- NES doors close at 4pm so there will be no bathroom access after 4pm. Please share this with your child. Port-o-Potties will be at the lower NES field for the season.
- All players are required to have:
- shin guards & socks tall enough to cover them
- tennis shoes or cleats
- a light jacket
- a soccer ball labeled with the player’s name (U7: size 3; U9 & U11: size 4; U14: size 5)
- a water bottle and a snack of their own.
- Peak Soccer has a limited amount of balls, cleats, and shin guards available. Please let us know if you need to borrow.
- U7 and U9 teams practice on the west field at the bottom of the stairs from the playground. Practice for this age ends promptly at 4:45pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 4:45pm.
- U11 teams practice on the larger, east field. Practice for this age ends promptly at 5:15pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 5:15pm.
- U14 teams practice on the larger, east field when at NES and on the middle school field when at NMSHS. There may be opportunities to use the varsity NMSHS field during our season. Practice for this age ends promptly at 5:30pm. Please do not expect the coach to wait for you to arrive after 5:30pm.
- Rain Policy: Teams practicing at NES may use the gym during inclement weather at the coach’s discretion and if the gym is available. The school doors are locked at 4pm. If any lightning or audible thunder occurs prior to 4pm, teams will seek shelter in the elementary school. If lightning or thunder occur after 4pm, teams will seek shelter under the front entryway. Teams practicing at NMSHS will seek shelter under the front entryway. Outdoor play will not resume until 30min. after the last occurrence of lightning or thunder. Should the conditions last longer than 15 minutes, practice will be cancelled. Make sure your coach has access to the best method of contacting you should this occur. Please be sure to have a back-up plan if you are unable to pick up your player in the event of a cancellation.
- Absences: Please let your coach know as soon as possible if your player will not be attending practice. Neither NES nor NMSHS are affiliated with Peak to Peak Soccer and will not share this information with the coach. Please direct all soccer related communication to your coach or myself, not to the schools.
Information Regarding Games- THIS IS TENETIVELY BASED ON PREVIOUS YEARS. WE ARE STILL TRYING TO COORDINATE WITH THE OTHER LEAGUE PARTNERS PER LAST YEAR’S PANDEMIC ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGES IN GILPIN AND IDAHO SPRINGS.
Typically, games would begin on Aug. 28th and continue with games every Saturday through Oct. 9th with Oct. 16th reserved as a makeup game day. There will be no games over Labor Day weekend. Make-ups will be held on the field that was originally scheduled for the game.
Expect to travel to Idaho Springs for 2 Saturdays, Gilpin for 2 Saturdays and Nederland for 2 Saturdays:
- 8/28 Gilpin
- 9/11 Nederland
- 9/18 Clear Creek
- 9/25 Gilpin
- 10/2 Nederland
- 10/9 Clear Creek
- 10/16 Reserved as a make-up day
GAME SCHEDULES WILL BE E-MAILED AS SOON AS THEY ARE SET. In general, games occur between 9am and 1:30pm.
Link to each age group additional information for practices and games. We strive to keep practice days the same, but will update if needed for the current year as soon as we get confirmation from field use and coach availability:
***** Any other questions, please contact Jessica Hutchison at firstname.lastname@example.org