Thanks to YOU we continue to HELP…TOGETHER!
On May 5, 2020 we came together as a global community –
To give. To help. To thank. To heal.
#GivingTuesdayNOW was a global day of generosity and unity, a day we came together and give back in response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. We brought together our global network of leaders, partners, communities and generous individuals to tap into the power of human connection and grassroots generosity.
GOOD NEWS: We MET our $5,000 MATCH to help meet the needs of youth and families in our community!
How to donate: Click the green button above. If you feel more comfortable writing a check – please make this out to: TEENS, Inc. and mail to: POB 1070, Nederland, CO 80466
IMPORTANT INFORMATION about COVID19 and TEENS, Inc.
We are still hard at work to help aid in the immediate situation. The impacts locally are great and we are stepping in wherever possible. At TEENS, Inc., on numerous occasions we have been able to adapt to the immediate needs of the community and we are doing so once again during this unprecedented time!
- Chinook West classes have already moved on line. Tom, Bill, Mark, and Sandy have done incredible work getting this up and going. Advisors continue to connect with students through zoom or phone calls.
- At Lookout Mountain Academy, classes and services are continuing as they must in a residential setting.
- Providing online resources to families at NELC and throughout the community that will provide engaging and educational opportunities while social distancing at home.
- Ann, our SEL Coordinator, is providing resources multiple times per week through Ned Mama’s Facebook page and also creating lessons that will be distributed to all Nederland Elementary families as part of their online schooling.
- Our Hot Line is Live! – available multiple hours per day for parents to call when they may be a little frustrated, want to brainstorm some ideas or just want to talk with someone who will listen without judgement.
- NELC staff is participating in online professional development and working to improve the building, curriculum and operations to benefit children and families we serve.
- We are also working to improve our preschool Colorado Shines rating from the mandated Level 1 (for new programs) towards our goal of Level 5
- We are distributing food – (over 900 lbs. of food / week over the last two weeks)
- Developing a community database that connects volunteers with our most Covid19 vulnerable populations.
- Providing our van to the Nederland food pantry for food pick up.
- Continuing to serve students with no cost therapeutic services.
- Lastly, we are coordinating with other agencies in the Peak to Peak Region on how best we can enhance the services all of us offer and ensuring that our staff is available to help in this endeavor.
TEENS, Inc. supports, educates and empowers youth & their families to make healthy choices and thrive.
Your contributions are essential for us to continue our work.
Fill out the 2020 Census today from your own home to protect your health, the health of your neighbors, and to avoid a future Census worker knocking on your door! Complete it online at my2020census.gov or call (844) 330-2020.
You will not need your 12-digit Census ID, only your household address. If filling it out online, follow the link that says “If you do not have a Census ID, click here” when you are prompted for your ID.
Local programs and service providers like TEENS, Inc. rely on the Census for funding. Just one person counted in Boulder County will bring about $23,000 to local services over the next decade. For more information about the Census and the specific programs that it affects, click here.
1997 – 2017
TEENS, Inc. celebrated 20 years!
For the past 20 years TEENS, Inc. has been committed to changing the lives of youth in the rural Nederland, CO/ Peak-to-Peak area by providing a safe, drug and alcohol free environment where youth can socialize, strengthen peer and adult relationships, develop healthy self-esteem, and master the leadership, academic and job-related skills they need to become constructive and productive members of society.
We Believe In
Youth voices, perspectives, and contributions are necessary, valued and respected. We believe in youth and work with them to find expression of their own voice in their current and future endeavors. At TEENS, Inc. youth are included in governance, program development and implementation.
Believing in Possibilities
We have an unending belief that with support, guidance and encouragement people can persevere and change the course of their lives for the better, despite potentially challenging and difficult circumstances.
We understand that the work we do is founded on the relationships that we form and we believe youth need a variety of strong adult relationships in their lives. We value and care for each other, uphold high expectations and set firm boundaries.
Honesty and Integrity
In an effort to continuously improve both personally and as an organization we are committed to speaking our truth and being true to ourselves. Whether it is with co-workers, youth or any other stakeholder, we understand that honest communication and follow through is essential to upholding personal and organizational integrity.